Another day...another item *partially* completed

Ahhh...the joys of sleeping in...or not.

I've always been a night owl. My kiddo also inherited my night owl ways. When I was between 7 and 9 months pregnant I would regularly freak out when little man did not kick or move.

:::A constant fear of mine was something would go terribly wrong and I  wouldn't know  until it was too late. I think alot of pregnant women experience these fears...the fear of helplessness,  being unable to detect that your baby is in distress etc.:::

My little munchkin definitely gave me a run for my money on more than one occasion. He would randomly move in the morning, but then sleep most of the day and evening.
His prime hours of movement were 11PM-1AM...even though I knew this, I still had mini heart attacks whenever he was still for more than two hours. 

I would drink ice cold water (even though it caused massive heartburn), lay on my side, poke my belly...and my last resort at one point was to play ASAP Rocky ..F'N Problems...he was always very active when this song played in the car rides home.

Yes...my unborn child jammed out to ASAP Rocky. Just let that sink in...

Another thing that I obsessed over was "Full Brain Development".

I was 100% that annoying mom to be that told anyone who would listen why I didn't want him to come early, no matter how uncomfortable I became in my own body.

 It was (is) my duty as his Mommy to make the best decisions concerning his health and education, and I firmly believe(d) that full brain development is essential to him being the best version of himself  that he could be. Yup...I'm still that annoying mom piping on and on about full brain development,  lol. 

::::Squirrel::::

Gah...so easily sidetracked!

Tonight's project was to begin the Centerpieces for the tables.

Of course...nothing ever goes according to plan. 

The munchkin decided that he wanted to play with his coloring book and have all of the attention that his little heart desired. He also gave me one of the best gifts that I've ever received.

Since he was about 6 months old, we've made it a habit to recite ABC's and count 123's in both English and Spanish. For the last 2 months or so, I've been spelling his name to him everyday. Randomly. Repeatedly. Sing-Songy.

Today...today...he spelled his name to me.

Well most of his name. Sometimes when I spell his name he'll finish the last letter. Today he gave me the first 3 letters. My eyes welled up and my heart was so full at that moment... I literally thought my heart was going to burst... he tugged every single heartstring that I own and gave me his million dollar look...and it took every bit of willpower I had to not let the tears spill out of my eyes.

I honestly don't even know why those 3 little letters affected me in that way...I guess these are just things motherhood does to you.

Digression....gah!

Project Centerpieces:
Items used:

◇ Square Pails (I ended up with metal ones)
◇ Beaded Necklaces
◇ Flower Foam
◇Decals (from gift bags)
◇Streamer

Tools used:

◇Low temp glue gun 
◇Scissors


I purchased all of these items at dollar tree.
The beaded necklaces were 8/$1
The Bags were 3/$1
Streamers 2/$1
Foam $1 (cut in half so 2/$1)
Metal Pails $1 each 



Time to catch some Zzzz's....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foodie Fights -- Battle 16 -- Chestnuts & Kumquats (continued)

Ahh...it's been too long

As if Alton read my mind...Apple Pie